No, this is not a joke. You can really sell products online without having to shell a big amount of money right away or stock lots of supply. The solution is to use drop shipping. This is perfect if you want to have a local business that cater to large amounts of online sales but you don’t want the bulk of your money spend on buying
First, let’s define drop shipping. Drop shipping is when you have a wholesale supplier who manages your inventory.
Basically, this is what happens every time you have a buyer online:
- A customer order a product or products on your website, Ebay account or Amazon Seller account.
- Then, you send the order details to your wholesale supplier.
- Your wholesale supplier then ships the said products from his factory or storage facility directly to the customer.
Benefits of drop shipping for a local business like yours:
- You can manage your money better since you don’t have to stock up on large amounts of inventory.
- You don’t have to pay or maintain a storage facility.
- You don’t have to deal about the manner of shipping for each delivery.
Many small local businesses are doing well even with a small capital since they are using drop shipping. They can keep their cash flow to a minimum and have low operating expenses.
Now, how do you set up drop shipping:
- Enable selling online through your business website, www.ebay.com or www.amazon.com.
- Search online for wholesale supplier options. Make sure that they have a good reputation and history in drop shipping for other businesses. Usually, the top ranking ones will be supplied to you once you register as a member of an online seller group or organization.
Choosing from that supplied list would be much safer and easier for you compared to trying to transact on your own.
- Create an account with your chosen wholesale supplier.
- Upload the products of theirs that you want to sell on your website, Ebay account or Amazon Seller account.
- Input your prices of the said products given that you have considered these factors: wholesale price of product, handling fee, financial charges imposed by your credit card or payment processor and also the merchant site fees.
Always make sure that your online selling process is the best possible one. You have to ensure that you will have no problems in ordering the products from your supplier and that they have a good shipping process. Plus, make sure that your payment tool is secure, for your own safety and also your customers’. By giving a worry-free service to your online customers, you can earn more since online buyers rely on the reviews of past ones. You have to constantly check that you give each and every customer the satisfaction they deserve.