Your customers and potential customers participate in conversations on a variety of social networks EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Should you be doing the same?
In case you didn’t get the memo, the most frequented websites on the Internet are social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Consider these statistics:
- Facebook: 1 billion users; 604 million mobile users; More than 42 million pages and 9 million apps.
- Twitter: 500 million total users, more than 200 million active users.
- Executives from all Fortune 500 companies are LinkedIn members.
- On average, over 100 tweets happen by the second on Twitter.
The bottom line is that these numbers are huge. Any savvy marketer can spot the amount of potential from a mile away – in the middle of a blizzard!
Think about it for a second. Social networks offer:
- Transparency – You can’t fake authenticity in an attempt to spread your reach. Members choose whether or not to associate with you. Opinions made on social networking platforms are taken seriously. The more authoritative you appear, the more seriously you are taken. When you win, you have the potential to win in a big way.
- Website traffic – Social media is probably one of the fastest and easiest means of directing traffic to your website. When you establish yourself as a thought leader, people will want to learn more about you. Redirect them back to your website. Think of it as virtual “word-of mouth” marketing.
- Reach – You can spread your message far and wide – and do so quickly! Viral marketing has never been easier.
- Branding – Social media gives you an opportunity to go where your potential customers are – and to create a presence there. It allows you to brand yourself long before anyone even becomes your customer. And it’s often times the catalyst that brings them over. You don’t have to wait for them to find you, you go where they are. But instead of forcing yourself on them while they are watching their favorite TV show (unless they have TiVo), you actually get to hang out with them. You’re not the irksome ad on the wall anymore; instead you’re the life of the party.
These are precisely the reasons why launching a social media campaign should be an essential piece of your marketing pie. Unless you are a true social media guru, however, it’s difficult to strike just the right balance to ensure your campaigns success. Don’t do enough and you’ll never get it off the ground. Try to do too much, and you’ll not only find yourself physically drained, but you’ll end up hurting your campaign more than helping it.
Back in 2005, with the advent of MySpace and Hi5 (does anyone still use that site?), we recognized the value of social media marketing and have since regarded it as an essential tool to any marketing arsenal. From concept to implementation, we specialize in locating online social media opportunities for businesses – and manage these campaigns from start to finish. Since there is no one-size-fits-all solution, we approach each project individually based on client goals, challenges and opportunities.
- Social Media Analysis: Complete analysis of what you are doing wrong, what you are doing right and what your competitors are doing (trust us, this is information you NEED to know)
- Social Media Strategy Development: Keyword and demographic research
- Social Media Strategy Development: Idea creation and strategy
- Consulting: Determination of which social networking platforms are useful and which are a waste of time for your specific brand (including niche customized networks)
- Customized Profile Set-Up and Design
- Social Media Execution
- Brand & Online Reputation Management: Social media monitoring (know who is saying what about your company, and when)
Learn More About Our Social Media Marketing Services
CONTACT US today to learn more – or to schedule your free consultation.